Sunday, December 5, 2010

singalong Shakespeare

So ’90s week started with Chris Dignan reanimating the shimmering ghost of Suckerpunch at Lula Lounge, continued with my discovery of No Joy, a band from Montreal who sound like shoegazers (and are really good) and wrapped up with the Lowest of the Low playing Shakespeare My Butt start to finish in a packed-beyond-belief Lee's Palace. I had to move around the club a couple of times, first because a bunch of yahoos muscled into our sweet side-of-the-stage spot (there is an inordinate number of large men among Low fans), then because another fan was screaming every lyric in my right ear, then because I got stuck behind another member of the solidly built fan base. It was worth it, though. They were great, and everyone looked as though they were having fun up there. Jim Bryson and John K. Samson were so good together that they almost stole the show. And then today I was going through old CDs and got washed over with more ’90s nostalgia. The Feelies! Buffalo Tom! Slow Loris! Rusty! Hardship Post! Sianspheric! I've still got way too many CDs but at least I can walk into the closet now.

No comments:

Post a Comment